4/03/2009

Sorry for not posting!

Oh gosh I am sorry I've neglected this blog for weeks. I'm pretty exhausted since adopting Brie and getting only 4-5 hours of sleep at a time- sometimes less. I also work three 12 hour days in a row so once my days off come I'm recovering half the time! Brie has been sick for the past 2 weeks with a secondary bacterial infection. She hasn't stopped hacking and the vet says she's treated dogs that do so for a month but usually it's 14-21 days. I'm up with her some nights all night holding her and trying to settle her down and provide some comfort because she is miserable. Been thru 10 days of doxy and clavamox and the vet has been called numerous times only to assure me as long as she's eating, drinking and active that she'll be ok. It's harder to believe that sometimes but there's been some slight improvement and I've been watching close for signs of pneumonia. It's something that just takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment