2/13/2009

Tom Lonsdale- Raw Meaty Bones

Well I have hit a point on his website that I just cannot agree to disagree on. This blog is about truth, and I don't believe Tom Lonsdale has it right. He is suggesting up to 1/3 of the diet be "table scraps" which is essentially cooked meats and cooked/raw vegetables, fruit, etc. I just cannot promote something like that and feel 100% comfortable with it. The links in the Getting Started section have been carefully chosen and reviewed in support of a prey model or whole prey diet. The link has now been taken out of the Getting Started section. I appologize for confusing anyone who has read all prey model/whole prey links and then came to that one and thought "What?" as it has contradicted everything else I've suggested.

5 comments:

  1. I saw what you had posted on the rawfeeding list and then remembered I had your blog bookmarked. his site was one of the ones I was providing to people looking for information but the table scraps bit has bounced him from my list of links and my own personal saved sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whose truth do you write about? One day you may come to realize there are MANY truthes and the rawfeeders have become as corrupt as the rest of them in thier quest to become top dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Nature's truth, that's who. If it's not something a wolf would eat naturally then it's not what I agree with. And if you have trouble accepting that dogs are wolves, there are plenty of studies that show this to be true.

    Raw feeders are only corrupt when they find a niche to make money. Prey model feeders make no money. I make no money from this blog, by promoting the sites I do. The only way websites or businesses EVER get on this blog is if they are in line with the belief that dogs are wolves and wolves are carnivores- not omnivores. Table scraps, pureed fruits/vegetables, grains, and dairy have no place in a carnivore's diet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dog eats raw meat with pureed cooked veggies and fruit I also add rice cooked

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's your decision to feed whatever you want but just understand it's not species approriate and your dog doesn't need that stuff. I prefer not to waste my money on food that my dogs aren't able to digest. Please read thru the "Dogs are Carnivores" link for published, cientific information as to why your dog only needs meat, bones and some organ. The Raw Fed myths page also disproves that dogs are omnivores. You wouldn't feed a horse a steak, so a carnivore, obviously, doesn't need plant matter. Dogs are wolves and wolves are carnivores. There's no question about it. Again, if you want to feed that stuff, go ahead, but don't feed it because you think your dog needs it.

    ReplyDelete